BA0414: Python Developer (new!)
An innovative content marketing platform is looking for full-time engineers to join its team and help build out the product. The team is still small (~50) and is looking for people who want to work in an environment where they get to really make a difference in what the product and company become.
- Expertise with Python (Django a plus)
- A desire to solve hard problems, especially ones related to processing large amounts of data
- Knowledge of basic data structures
- Interest in scalable web technologies (Distributed Computing, Large-Scale Document Stores, Cloud-Computing DevOps).
- SQL experience
- Documents and tests code
- Experience working with service-based architecture (front end all runs off of API)
- Experience working with NoSQL data stores
BA0414: Full Stack Developer (new!)
- Working knowledge of SQL databases.
- Ability to write reusable code.
- Understanding of RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Git version control and Github.
- Results-oriented and passionate about delivering great work.
- Experience in a similar role at a fast paced company.
- Experience with Node.js, Backbone, Ember and/or Angular.js.
- WordPress development experience.
- Django framework experience.
- Development familiarity with any of the following APIs: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and/or SalesForce.
MR0312: Python Developer (new!)
Our client, an exciting social analytics marketing firm seeks a Python developer to help continue its profitable expansion. The company has doubled in size over the last year due to its ability to attract the top Fortune 500 companies to use its proprietary platform.
You will work on building apps and social analytics using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Pinterest and others, and have the opportunity to contribute your ideas to the team in UI, server development, etc.
Our client is ideally looking for 1-3 years of professional experience as a Python developer. However, if you are a top-notch developer in Java or C++ and are eager to learn & work in Python, you may also be considered. Pluses in experience would include MySQL, Django and Mongo.
AT1211: Senior Python Developer (new!)
This fast-paced and innovative company is looking for passionate and experienced Python engineers to help bring its platform to the next level. As a Senior Python Developer, you will shape the evolution of the technology stack and play a key role in defining the architecture, component, and database choices. Most importantly, you will have fun working with a team of dedicated and experienced Pythonistas in the New York City headquarters.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing reliable, fault-tolerant distributed systems in Python
- Researching new open source tools and frameworks, and prototyping components
- Defining the future back-end technology stack
- Leading a small team to execute on all of the above
Desired Skills & Experience:
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of hands-on Python back-end development experience in Linux environments
- Proficiency with non-relational databases and key-value stores
- Great interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical co-workers
- Experience building systems for an Internet startup, advertising network, or search engine
MR1115: Software Developer – Front-End & Back-End (Python, Mongo, and more)
This innovative and rapidly developing company builds cutting-edge applications that empower marketers to weave a social layer into their campaigns. With a platform that serves a constantly evolving set of needs, this company is looking for a creative and professional Software Developer to help strengthen its core team.
While this client is a Python shop, great programmers can pick up any language quickly and on the back-end, Flask, Django, MySQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch and more are used. On the front-end, Twitter Bootstrap, Angular, and other great tools are also used.
If you’re a top-notch developer, who can solve hard problems efficiently and with ease, and you’ve got the skills and desire to build great products in weeks, not good ones in months, join this team. There’s a lot of work to do.
- Work from day one on apps and social analytics for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and more.
- Contribute everywhere — ideas, architecture, UI, server-side development, processes, and tools.
- Work on all technology—apps, social analytics, reporting, enabling the sales team, and self-service billing.
- Help build a great company.
- Experience in software development
- Proven experience with leading teams on complex projects
- Smart, friendly, capable, and up for a challenge
- Productive in any language and environment.
- Eager to work with Python, Django, Flask, MySQL, and Mongo
AT1206: Data Analyst (Ruby)
Our client is looking for a Data Analyst to join its team. This company has a fast and dynamic environment that thrives because of its ambitious desire: to make invention accessible.
- Communicate and present your and your team’s work appropriately to the company and community
- Proactively identify data quality issues, ensure they are visible to the appropriate stakeholders, and drive to resolution
- Define metrics, automate data collection, synthesize relevant data, build analytical models and forecasts
- Analyze data to validate hypotheses and assumptions of new features and drive future ones
- Develop and implement an A/B testing framework to increase sign-ups, engagement and sales
- Juggle demands from an array of different departments
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Action-oriented, diligent, and flexible
- R and SQL
- Experience working with data on a high-traffic consumer-web product
- Experience building lasting systems that impact all areas of a business
- Scripting through SQL
- A keen understanding of financial impacts and data quality
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related discipline (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant skills or equivalent experience)
- Experience working with business systems, databases, and/or reporting
Bonus Points for:
- Startup Experience
- Experience working on one or more highly-trafficked websites/mobile websites/native applications
AT1028: DevOps Engineer – Generous Perks & Benefits! (Java, Python, Ruby)
Product development firm is looking for an amazing and passionate DevOps Engineer to join its team in NYC or San Francisco. This company has a fast and dynamic environment that thrives because of its ambitious desire: to make products accessible.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
Automate the installation, configuration and maintenance of Dev, Test and Production environments. Work in high availability of environments, while planning for future capacity and growth. Ensure high performance of environments by identifying and fixing bottlenecks.
- Work with developers to support production applications with appropriate monitoring and logging
- Troubleshoot and work to resolve application and systems related problems
- Consider the important questions up front: how will the systems be tested, deployed and monitored? How to best achieve reliability, scalability and security?
- Stay current with the product backlog to advise on issues that affect operations and security
Desired Skills & Experience:
You are someone who is constantly on a mission to make things run smoother, faster, and in a more automated fashion. You’re manically detail oriented, thrive on efficiency, and are self-motivated.
- Ruby on Rails
- Ruby and other languages (Java, Python)
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS)
- Automation of systems maintenance tasks using open source tools
- A variety of databases (MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, HBase)
- Continuous integration tools (TravisCI)
- Troubleshooting and resolving application and system related issues
- Performance tuning and testing
- Work experience in a start up environment
- Deployment Management (Heroku)