Java Sr Engineers/Cloud Computing
Based in New York City this cloud computing firm was named by Inc 500 as one of fastest growing private companies in 2011 (Top 10 in NYC). It was also named to Business Insider’s 2012 Silicon Alley 100 list. They provide local cloud-computing services for marketers to help manage their geodata content and connect it to everywhere, so they can deliver campaigns across ads, listings, landing pages, and other surfaces. They already have over 200,000 subscribers to the local cloud, including Fortune 500 companies and top retailers.
The engineering team is looking for Senior Software Engineers to help build out their product and services. The team works in an agile environment that culminate with demos of features in progress. You will work alongside engineers from the top universities and tech companies in the world.
Full life-cycle software development
Design, implement, and deploy highly scalable and reliable systems
Build storage systems, libraries, and frameworks.
Contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement proactively
Write clean, tested, and well-documented code
B.S or higher in Computer Science or related field
Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design
Fluency with Java, C++, Python, or similar (they use mostly Java)
Openness to new technologies and using creative solutions
Comfortable working in a fast-paced high growth startup environment
BA0414: Front-End Engineer (new!)
An innovative content marketing platform is looking for full-time front-end engineers to join the team and help build out the product. The client is looking for people who want to work in an environment where they get to really make a difference in what the product and company become. Everything is run off of RESTful API, so the job of a front-end engineer is especially important.
- Advanced knowledge of web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Expert knowledge of Object Oriented programming
- Ability to write reusable code
- Understanding of RESTful APIs
- Passion for delivering great work
- Twitter Bootstrap
- LESS CSS
- Basic knowledge of version control (Git) and databases (MySQL)
BA0414: Full Stack Developer (new!)
- Working knowledge of SQL databases.
- Ability to write reusable code.
- Understanding of RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Git version control and Github.
- Results-oriented and passionate about delivering great work.
- Experience in a similar role at a fast paced company.
- Experience with Node.js, Backbone, Ember and/or Angular.js.
- WordPress development experience.
- Django framework experience.
- Development familiarity with any of the following APIs: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and/or SalesForce.
MR1114: Digital Media – NYC – Java/Hadoop Contract Developers
This fledgling NYC based digital technology company is looking for Java/Hadoop Contract Developers to help it meet the needs of its well-known Fortune 1000 clients. Opportunity exists to transition to a permanent role.
Desired Skills & Experience:
Java developers with experience working on large data sets, predictive analytics, map-reduce/Hadoop and high-throughput modeling are preferred.
You will work on building production systems to process multi-terabyte data sets using Hadoop/Hive/Pig. Strength in algorithm design, understanding data structures and their performance characteristics are preferred. Knowledge of class libraries, JVM (Memory allocation, GC, tuning would be great!), competent multithreading and multiprocessing skills and proficiency working and developing on Linux are desired.
- Passion for higher-level mathematics and exposure to Data Mining techniques
- Experience building backend systems for an Internet startup, advertising network, or Search Engine
AT1028: DevOps Engineer – Generous Perks & Benefits! (Java, Python, Ruby)
Product development firm is looking for an amazing and passionate DevOps Engineer to join its team in NYC or San Francisco. This company has a fast and dynamic environment that thrives because of its ambitious desire: to make products accessible.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
Automate the installation, configuration and maintenance of Dev, Test and Production environments. Work in high availability of environments, while planning for future capacity and growth. Ensure high performance of environments by identifying and fixing bottlenecks.
- Work with developers to support production applications with appropriate monitoring and logging
- Troubleshoot and work to resolve application and systems related problems
- Consider the important questions up front: how will the systems be tested, deployed and monitored? How to best achieve reliability, scalability and security?
- Stay current with the product backlog to advise on issues that affect operations and security
Desired Skills & Experience:
You are someone who is constantly on a mission to make things run smoother, faster, and in a more automated fashion. You’re manically detail oriented, thrive on efficiency, and are self-motivated.
- Ruby on Rails
- Ruby and other languages (Java, Python)
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS)
- Automation of systems maintenance tasks using open source tools
- A variety of databases (MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, HBase)
- Continuous integration tools (TravisCI)
- Troubleshooting and resolving application and system related issues
- Performance tuning and testing
- Work experience in a start up environment
- Deployment Management (Heroku)