LM1219: QA Technical Specialist/Engineer (Python)
This major, global investment bank is looking for an experienced QA technical specialist/engineer to establish a solid quality control testing process across all Equity Derivatives trading platforms. The specialist will be responsible for write-up of business use cases and test plans, release testing automation and QA sign-off.
As a QA technical specialist, the individual will play a critical role in strengthening release testing process on multiple complex trading platforms used by Equity Derivatives trading. Systems in scope include order & execution management, pricing, and real-time risk management systems.
The individual will need to be flexible in his/her approach and able to react quickly to changing business needs. The role will involve working closely with the application development, support and business analyst teams.
- Complete ownership of all testing on applications built with a varied set of technologies
- Hands-on automation/scripting experience in building testing procedures
- Release testing on functional & non-functional features to meet business requirements
- Liaise with other technology teams on end-to-end testing
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Hands-on QA testing experience
- Able to demonstrate a track record of QA testing
- A strong team player who is able to work well across different groups
- Strong knowledge of QA best practices
- Self-motivated with a high level of enthusiasm
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or analytical subject, including engineering, mathematics or the sciences
- Experience with Derivatives applications is a plus
- Knowledge on backend server systems, middleware and database is a plus
- Experience with owning QA process for large-scaled real-time trading systems
- Experience with QA automation tools such as QTP or similar
- Scripting language skills such as Python or similar
- Strong interpersonal, communication & documentation skills
- Able to multi-task and balance immediate and long term tasks & requirements