RR1001: Production Operations Specialist (Java & Perl)
A global provider of electronic trading solutions is looking for a Production Operations Specialist to join its Production Services Group. This group is dedicated to maintaining the reliability and stability of all client facing trading environments.
Develop a deep understanding of the entire global trading system and working closely with specialized development and infrastructure teams.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Support real time trading systems (or equivalent mission critical systems)
- Previous technical team leadership
- Supporting multi-tiered JAVA applications in UNIX/Linux distributed server environments.
- TCP/IP and experience performing basic network troubleshooting.
- Ability to perform incident management, prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- An excellent team player able to both handover and assume responsibility for tasks that require follow up activity across time zones.
- Scripting skills (i.e. PERL, Ruby, etc.) – Ruby preferred.
- Operational knowledge of Messaging middleware (JMS), distribute caching software (Gemfire), and databases (MySQL and Sybase).