LM0226: Client Technology Architect, Executive Director
This client is a global financial services firm and a banking institution and offers various investment banking products and services, including advising on corporate strategy and structure, capital-raising in equity and debt markets, risk management solutions, investment banking, and asset management services to corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities. As a leading financial institution, this company requires the best programmers, developers, and project managers to help it continue pushing boundaries and growing its business as consumer needs and technologies evolve.
- Define and execute the Client Technology architecture across the group, ensuring conformance to standards and reuse of technology components and platforms that have broad relevance.
- Continuously monitor, recognize, and explain/socialize the opportunities afforded by emerging technologies
- Drive technology innovation while maintaining an effective balance with the pragmatic, achievable, commercial mindset
- Very strong presentation and communication skills with experience providing communication to C-level executives
- Responsible for decomposing business strategies and vision into well defined architecture requirements
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with business and technology teams
- Provide mentoring and leadership to the organization, client, and junior members of the organization.
- Influence development teams to understand and embrace the target state strategies and specific implementation details
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience across business, applications, technology, and information architecture disciplines
- Demonstrated abilities to create investable and executable technical roadmaps
- Solid leadership experience in managing large cross-functional teams and the flexibility to influence people at a variety of levels internally and externally
- Prior experience defining technology blueprint for a complex technology platform.
- Minimum 5+ years experience as an Architect or related role
- M.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics, or equivalent expertise in data management or web technologies
- Strong understanding and experience with enterprise-class information security and compliance concerns.
- Experience with RDBMS/SQL and NoSQL platforms, working with large-scale databases or Big Data frameworks and tools such as Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Cassandra, MongoDB and others.
- Strong work ethic, a self-starter who is creative and proactive
- Ability to execute flawlessly and handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently, while maintaining a high degree of communication and escalation at appropriate junctures
- Team player comfortable working in a fast-paced consulting-style, unstructured environment
- Excellent quantitative and analytical problem solving skills
- Able to work with all levels of management in technology and business able to shape messaging to audience.
- Open to influence and quickly react to feedback to ensure maximum impact