LM0224: Developer, Quant Support
Our client is a global banking and investment firm looking for a Developer to join its Tech Platform team. The Tech Platform team is responsible for delivering major technology upgrades and enhancements to the quants group and users of its technology. The team manages the evaluation, testing and deployment of cutting-edge platform technologies for the quant group – for instance Windows 7, Windows Server 2012, Excel 2010, 64-bit migration, .NET framework upgrade. The Tech Platform team is at the boundary of many parts of the organization and needs to collaborate and partner with teams both within the quant group and other teams in CS – in IT or Front Office.
- Update to existing tooling (mix of C++, scripts, webapps and F#/C#) to support both 32bits and 64bits analytics binaries
- Contribute to .NET 4.5 certification and migration of analytics libraries – e.g., remediate codebase to be compatible with latest framework, extend tools to support additional runtime.
- Remediate C++ addin framework to support Excel 2010 API (and remove implicit limitations around data types which prevents from using the extended cell address space)
- Support of quant team – globally and New York in particular – e.g., C++/F# programming and libraries, tools and processes
- Evaluation, testing and deployment of new platforms and tools – e.g., Windows 2012, Excel 64bits.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Preferred 3 years in technology role, finance or other industry, as programmer, DevOp, or related position.
- Experience in finance industry a plus, but not required.
- Ability to deliver creative solutions to difficult problems. Understanding the tradeoff between available alternatives and carrying on with the implementation, taking into account the constraints of the selected option.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously. Manage priorities and expectations.
- Interest in learning new technologies, tools and processes.
- Knowledge of functional and/or object-oriented programming paradigms
- Software architecture and design abilities
- Very strong in C++ and/or strong functional programming language (preferably F#)
- Solid experience with C# and .NET Framework
- Experience with ASP.NET and databases a plus
- Experience with COM a plus