JA1219: VP Equities Connectivity Developer (Core Java, Perl)
Responsibilities/Description: The equities client connectivity team of this major bank is looking for a VP Equities Connectivity Developer. The equities client connectivity team is a global development team that is responsible for the application layer providing connectivity to all clients electronically trading equities in all regions (excluding QPS). Equities Technology (EQIT) is crucial to the competitive advantage of the franchise. In addition to driving innovation in algorithmic trading, market access and networking, Equities technology sets the standard for market connectivity across the whole Markets business.
Duties will include:
- Analysis of business and technology driven changes and the creation of proposals for issue resolution.
- Analysis, design and development of features of the client connectivity application for the new cash architecture trading system.
- Development or enhancement of tools, processes and procedures used by the team.
- Second line support of the non-prod client connectivity application
- Third line support of the client connectivity production system
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Core Java on LINUX
- LINUX usage for development and operation
- Bash scripting
- FIX protocol
- Understanding of electronic trading and financial markets
- SVN, maven, and team city experience preferred
- Unit testing and mocking, particularly Junit and Jmockit preferred
- Agile development techniques preferred
- Firm grasp of middleware, network design and protocols preferred
- Ability to work within a large enterprise cooperatively to deliver to a specific business desire while enhancing the corporate environment as a whole