JA0110: Java J2EE Performance Engineer Lead
Premier NYC financial firm is seeking a Java J2EE Performance Engineer Lead with a background in full-stack agile development and experience working in test driven continuous integration environments. The Senior Performance Lead will drive efforts around the pre-production performance testing of financial applications. This person will also design and review infrastructure needs to ensure scalability, reliability, and availability.
Technology team lead with expertise in Java/J2EE/Oracle technologies, with a strong focus on application performance. We are looking for a database/performance expert responsible for monitoring, bench marking, analyzing, and recommending solutions to performance problems with enterprise applications. Responsibilities include: Identify processing capabilities of an application (e.g., throughput per second, concurrent users, etc.), find bottlenecks, and recommend performance improvements to help increase application performance.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience in designing solutions for large data warehouses with a good understanding of cluster and parallel architecture as well as high-scale, high-performance, distributed RDBMS and/or NoSQL solutions
- Demonstrable experience in relational database technologies including storage/data architecture, replication, data synchronization, high availability, and performance tuning
- Java & J2EE – multithreading, concurrency, database connectivity
- Knowledge of tools such as HP Loadrunner/Performance Center and TeamQuest, Wily, or RUM
- Experience in Profiling and Monitoring tools, Network monitoring/Server Administration
- Experience with high-traffic, large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures
- Knowledge of performance concepts such as response time, throughput, system resource utilization
- Ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding
- Project management skills
- Performance tuning skills with 11g & 11g Oracle RAC environments.
- Experience in problem analysis
- Proficiency in setting up backup and recovery strategies
- Solid grasp of advanced SQL query techniques in addition to experience with automating scripts
- Query, index and Database IO performance tuning.
- Understanding of Database design principals.
- Experience running and supporting large databases under high transaction rates.
- Be familiar with following technologies: Oracle Enterprise Manager, ASM, Data Pump, Data Guard, PL SQL, and UNIX shell scripting
- Big Data (Cassandra or Hadoop)
- UNIX OS
- Continuous Integration experience
- Full-stack development
- Advocate of test driven development
- Unit, Integration and Functional testing.
- Subversion or Git
- Experience with dependency injection and design patterns
- Team Lead experience
One or more of the following considered a PLUS:
- Desire to work with Kafka/Hive, Machine Learning, Distributed Systems, Big Data.
- Detailed knowledge of browsers and web technologies
- Code profiling and optimization