JA0110: Business Analyst (Top Financial Firm)
Top NYC financial firm seeks a best-in-class Business Analyst. This person will be tasked with coordinating and prioritizing the development of high-fidelity, quality applications, and sophisticated client interaction solutions for corporate and investment banking clients, ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery. The technologist will ideally have experience in a financial services setting and have worked on applications targeting the ever-more-demanding needs of the sophisticated financial user.
- Work with team members to gather their project objectives and priorities and track those targets and follow-up to ensure progress
- The business analyst will be able to map out a roadmap which projects when specific functionality can be delivered based on the knowledge acquired
- Ability to lead cross-functional development/integration projects requiring interaction with end-users and external technology clients.
- Proactively interact with Operations and Business teams for requirements clarifications, extensions, and planning. Communicate with stakeholder regularly and on an escalation basis.
- Elicit business and user requirements via interviews, workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, user stories, process modeling, analysis of existing systems and documentation, and other methods; Lead key workshops to review the backlog
- Detail requirements of the user experience and user-system/system-system interactions through discussion as well as narrative and pictorial artifacts, driving speculation about the stability and accuracy of requirements out of the development process.
- Propose, facilitate and drive the development of solutions to the problems posed by requirements.
- Perform analysis for complex, high stakes, and enterprise-wide projects.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Familiarity with analysis within one or more software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Lean, Rational Unified Process, CMMi, Six Sigma)
- Experience in guiding the work of peer team members
- Ability to negotiate and build alignment amongst competing parties, ultimately driving teams to decision
- Capable of addressing both technical and non-technical audiences at a variety of organizational levels
- Superb attention to detail and a rigorous focus on delivering quality output
- Experience in analysis for web applications in an n-tier architecture
- Experience with data mark-up syntax (e.g. XML, HTML) and/or relational data modeling
- Experience with XML/XSD schema development preferred
- Experience with usability/HCI assessment methodology for web-based applications preferred
- Understanding of principles of usability for the web (e.g. W3Cs Content Accessibility Guidelines, Neilsen/Norman Group guidelines) preferred
- Understanding of object-oriented, test-driven development preferred
- Experience with requirements management tools (e.g. JIRA/Greenhopper, Rally, VersionOne) preferred