AT1022: Data Engineer – Create Real Solutions for Real People
This company, started with one intention: to build something that matters. This exciting firm combines technological innovation with healthcare in a passionate and fast-paced environment, creating real solutions that make an impact on the lives of people.
As a data engineer you will design and build their data infrastructure, and use it to develop extensible, robust data pipelines to scale. Build tools and infrastructure for easy, accessible and flexible data analysis. Iteratively develop, operationalize and monitor machine-assisted and statistical solutions to problems.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience building and deploying large-scale data processing pipelines
- Writing clean, well-structured, production-quality code in both functional and object-oriented paradigms
- Foundation in Statistics and you hold (or will hold) a BS or MS in computer science or related field
- Work well in a cross-functional environment and engage others to gather business, technical, and operational context and requirements
- You’re someone who seeks simple approaches to complex problems
Bonus points if you…
- Have contributed to an open source data infrastructure or machine-learning project
- Have developed distributed data processing systems against large, heterogeneous data sets
- Have experience with the Hadoop ecosystem or MapReduce
- Understand experimental design, and can build for collection, measurement, and interpretation of results