C# .Net-Hedge Fund Developer-RR082514 (new!)
C# .Net Hedge Fund Developer. Bring your C# .Net experience and join this dynamic NYC hedge fund which has generated strong profits year after year. They seek a C# .Net and SQL Server Programmer/Analyst to participate in the design and development of a new in-house trading system including trades, positions, securities, reference data and more. You should be energetic, intellectually curious and enjoy working in a rewarding, collaborative team environment.
• Contribute to the development of systems that drive the business from front to back – including trade processing, position reporting, security master, daily pricing, P&L, compliance, financing, trade analysis, and risk management.
• Interfacing with users, source ideas, design, implement, test and release to production and support.
• Interact with senior members of the business team and gain exposure to exotic derivatives across all financial markets including: equities, fixed income, commodities, and foreign exchange.
• Strong in C# .Net and at least one, but preferably several related technologies (WPF, WCF, Silverlight, ASP.Net etc.)
• Experience with MVC/MVVM, ORM (Entity Framework, nHibernate), OLAP technologies
• Strong understanding of SQL, with some database schema design experience
• Understanding of data-model concepts (entities, attributes, relationships, etc)
• Thrive in a rapidly changing, fast paced business environment
• Self-starter and be able to take a project from beginning to end.
• Competitive compensation based on experience.
• Exceptional Benefits Package
Systems Reliability Engineer
For one of the largest Global Media companies in the world your work as a Systems Reliability Engineer is one of the most important technical roles within the company ensuring best systems practices. You will ensure the speed, availability, and scale of the systems as well as ensuring their ability to withstand unprecedented increases in load. You will be at the heart of solving any production problems. Your scope runs from the kernel to the application. You will build automation tools to ensure the system is well instrumented and highly fault tolerant.
• Manage availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of applications development by instilling engineering reliability into development lifecycle with a focus on fault tolerant approaches
• Respond to and resolve unexpected and potential service problems and write software to prevent problem recurrence
• Drive capacity planning, performance analysis, instrumentation and other non-functional systems requirements
• Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for improving operating services
• Manage system releases, write production software acceptance tests, and coordinate all aspects of the release including coverage and communication plans
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Software Engineer or Development of customer-facing, high-availability, large-scale distributed applications.
• Experience developing in C or C++, Java technologies.
• PHP, Python, Ruby or other scripting languages
• Extensive experience with Linux/Unix
• Prior successful experience as a systems performance or site/systems reliability engineer
• Extensive experience working with fault tolerant approaches in a large-scale distributed environment and high-performance systems
• Demonstrated experience working in complex systems environments
• Deep understanding of Internet and networking protocols
• Expertise analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
• Knowledge of IP networking, network analysis and performance and application issues using standard tools such as tcpdump
LM0226: Client Technology Architect, Executive Director (new!)
This client is a global financial services firm and a banking institution and offers various investment banking products and services, including advising on corporate strategy and structure, capital-raising in equity and debt markets, risk management solutions, investment banking, and asset management services to corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities. As a leading financial institution, this company requires the best programmers, developers, and project managers to help it continue pushing boundaries and growing its business as consumer needs and technologies evolve.
- Define and execute the Client Technology architecture across the group, ensuring conformance to standards and reuse of technology components and platforms that have broad relevance.
- Continuously monitor, recognize, and explain/socialize the opportunities afforded by emerging technologies
- Drive technology innovation while maintaining an effective balance with the pragmatic, achievable, commercial mindset
- Very strong presentation and communication skills with experience providing communication to C-level executives
- Responsible for decomposing business strategies and vision into well defined architecture requirements
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with business and technology teams
- Provide mentoring and leadership to the organization, client, and junior members of the organization.
- Influence development teams to understand and embrace the target state strategies and specific implementation details
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience across business, applications, technology, and information architecture disciplines
- Demonstrated abilities to create investable and executable technical roadmaps
- Solid leadership experience in managing large cross-functional teams and the flexibility to influence people at a variety of levels internally and externally
- Prior experience defining technology blueprint for a complex technology platform.
- Minimum 5+ years experience as an Architect or related role
- M.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics, or equivalent expertise in data management or web technologies
- Strong understanding and experience with enterprise-class information security and compliance concerns.
- Experience with RDBMS/SQL and NoSQL platforms, working with large-scale databases or Big Data frameworks and tools such as Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Cassandra, MongoDB and others.
- Strong work ethic, a self-starter who is creative and proactive
- Ability to execute flawlessly and handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently, while maintaining a high degree of communication and escalation at appropriate junctures
- Team player comfortable working in a fast-paced consulting-style, unstructured environment
- Excellent quantitative and analytical problem solving skills
- Able to work with all levels of management in technology and business able to shape messaging to audience.
- Open to influence and quickly react to feedback to ensure maximum impact
JA0110: Business Analyst (Top Financial Firm)
Top NYC financial firm seeks a best-in-class Business Analyst. This person will be tasked with coordinating and prioritizing the development of high-fidelity, quality applications, and sophisticated client interaction solutions for corporate and investment banking clients, ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery. The technologist will ideally have experience in a financial services setting and have worked on applications targeting the ever-more-demanding needs of the sophisticated financial user.
- Work with team members to gather their project objectives and priorities and track those targets and follow-up to ensure progress
- The business analyst will be able to map out a roadmap which projects when specific functionality can be delivered based on the knowledge acquired
- Ability to lead cross-functional development/integration projects requiring interaction with end-users and external technology clients.
- Proactively interact with Operations and Business teams for requirements clarifications, extensions, and planning. Communicate with stakeholder regularly and on an escalation basis.
- Elicit business and user requirements via interviews, workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, user stories, process modeling, analysis of existing systems and documentation, and other methods; Lead key workshops to review the backlog
- Detail requirements of the user experience and user-system/system-system interactions through discussion as well as narrative and pictorial artifacts, driving speculation about the stability and accuracy of requirements out of the development process.
- Propose, facilitate and drive the development of solutions to the problems posed by requirements.
- Perform analysis for complex, high stakes, and enterprise-wide projects.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Familiarity with analysis within one or more software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Lean, Rational Unified Process, CMMi, Six Sigma)
- Experience in guiding the work of peer team members
- Ability to negotiate and build alignment amongst competing parties, ultimately driving teams to decision
- Capable of addressing both technical and non-technical audiences at a variety of organizational levels
- Superb attention to detail and a rigorous focus on delivering quality output
- Experience in analysis for web applications in an n-tier architecture
- Experience with data mark-up syntax (e.g. XML, HTML) and/or relational data modeling
- Experience with XML/XSD schema development preferred
- Experience with usability/HCI assessment methodology for web-based applications preferred
- Understanding of principles of usability for the web (e.g. W3Cs Content Accessibility Guidelines, Neilsen/Norman Group guidelines) preferred
- Understanding of object-oriented, test-driven development preferred
- Experience with requirements management tools (e.g. JIRA/Greenhopper, Rally, VersionOne) preferred
AT1022: Data Engineer – Create Real Solutions for Real People
This company, started with one intention: to build something that matters. This exciting firm combines technological innovation with healthcare in a passionate and fast-paced environment, creating real solutions that make an impact on the lives of people.
As a data engineer you will design and build their data infrastructure, and use it to develop extensible, robust data pipelines to scale. Build tools and infrastructure for easy, accessible and flexible data analysis. Iteratively develop, operationalize and monitor machine-assisted and statistical solutions to problems.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience building and deploying large-scale data processing pipelines
- Writing clean, well-structured, production-quality code in both functional and object-oriented paradigms
- Foundation in Statistics and you hold (or will hold) a BS or MS in computer science or related field
- Work well in a cross-functional environment and engage others to gather business, technical, and operational context and requirements
- You’re someone who seeks simple approaches to complex problems
Bonus points if you…
- Have contributed to an open source data infrastructure or machine-learning project
- Have developed distributed data processing systems against large, heterogeneous data sets
- Have experience with the Hadoop ecosystem or MapReduce
- Understand experimental design, and can build for collection, measurement, and interpretation of results
MR0613: Senior Hadoop Administrator
We are currently seeking a Senior Hadoop Administrator to join our client’s site-reliability engineering team in NYC. The Integral SRE team manages the systems and networks for a globally distributed application platform to provide brand protection and ROI services to customers. The SRE team works closely with a team of software engineers and data scientists to ensure that the platform continues to be scalable and reliable.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience working with Hadoop and associated components (HDFS, Pig, HBase, etc)
- Experience supporting, installing, and configuring Linux based systems
- Experience developing ETL processes
- Ability to tune Linux kernel parameters to optimize performance
- Able to write shell scripts and write code in Java and Python
- Understanding of network infrastructure and how Hadoop interacts with it
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems and remain calm under pressure
- A thirst for knowledge and continuous improvement
- Experience working with Amazon AWS (EC2, ELB, S3, Glacier)