BA0214: Market Data Analytics
A global financial services firm and banking institution is looking for a senior systems support engineer and application developer to join its team, driving the implementation of a strategic historical market data analytics platform.
As an application developer, you will leverage core infrastructure products and services to meet specific application development, delivery and support needs of the business as part of a global development team working on globally distributed systems.
You will work in closely with Equity Derivatives business partners to ensure development efforts are focused in the right way at the right time and that they satisfy business needs. You will also be involved with the full delivery lifecycle, from strategy through to design, development, testing, deployment and support.
- Support a number of market data storage & analytics systems during local office hours as part of a global support team
- Proactively drive the remediation of any production issues encountered from inception to completion
- Own the local infrastructure including hardware, software & change management
- Work as part of a global development team & contribute to the team’s ongoing build efforts.
- Work directly with quantitative research users and other technology teams to articulate new technology requirements and solve business problems
- Ensure technology solutions meet business and client requirements
- Where appropriate, define the development plan and milestones, and ensure delivery is in line with initial plan and strategy
- Document release procedures and support notes for deliverables so that support can be handed over to operate groups
We are looking for proactive and self-motivated technologists with a positive attitude and excellent team-working, communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Extensive experience in supporting large scale distributed systems
- Extensive experience with shell scripting
- Experience in commercial Java server side development, deployment and maintenance
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Disciplined approach to code management, testing and deployment practices
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle, breaking requirements down into technical deliverables and following through to delivery
- Experience with high performance & high throughput systems
- Experience with Cassandra & other Big Data technologies
- Experience with Python, Scala, Maven, Jenkins, RESTful web services
- Knowledge of a range of design patterns
- Experience of working in financial services
- Understanding of equity derivative products